Department of Children Services & Young people
Tel: (01274) 432336
Fax: (01274) 431784
Date: 27 September 2007
Re: Teacher’s Time Budgets
I am writing to draw your attention to the local conditions of service in regard to the above matter.
The section on working time covers in detail the following areas which I have summarised for your convenience:
- 1265 hours worked over 195 days
- publication of holiday dates and the time/events budget a minimum of 12 months in advance, normally one week prior to the end of summer term.
- Consultation with school TU representatives on the proposed time budget allocation and events for each teacher.
Directed time is, of course, included in the 1265 hours. Again to help clarity and consistency, this includes:
- Timetabled contact time
- Timetabled non-contact time
- Registration, form periods, assemblies
- Directed supervisory duties outside the school day (within School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document)
- Staff meetings and other directed in school meetings and liaison
- Parents meetings
- Directed INSET
- School liaison between sectors
- Pastoral work outside school sessions
- PPA time
Should you have any queries on this, please do not hesitate to contact your school HR Advisor.
Copies: Shazad Hussain, EB HR Manager
To all Headteachers