MINUTES OF GENERAL AND COMMITTEE MEETING
13th DECEMBER, 2005
Apologies – Saleh Rahman, Miriam Murch, Jeremy Gibbon.
Minutes of last meeting - accepted as a true record.
Academies - Bradford has 1, the CTC, and another on track for September 2006 ( Bradford Cathedral Community College). Also focussing on Rhodesway and Wyke. Lords Bhattia and Adonis have visited. Agreed: hold a public meeting on Academies.
Ian reported balloting at one school in Bradford , with a days strike today at a school in Calderdale. Other problems in certain schools were discussed.
Teacher Support Network – Steve Boddy nominated for regional representative on the National Council.
The Government is still firm on its commitment to present teachers in the scheme. Agreed a special pension meeting for the future.
Freeze of 2.5% over 2 years highlighted.
John presented a report:
- Proposed our contribution to the National Officers campaign be set at a maximum of £2,500. Agreed.
- Agreed £140 for the retirement “do” of a Regional Officer, Tony Woodward
- Purchase of a chair lift for the Office - Agreed
- 6 items written off.
- Annual Conference delegates will fly to conference if suitable flights available.
- Young Teachers’ Conference – we will send and pay for up to 6 people.
Zaid came to speak from the Yorkshire Office of Islamic Relief who are co-ordinating aid. Helping 100 UK schools to link with 100 schools in the earthquake area. We will get involved with this when it gets started in March 2006.